Navy Dads

My daughter, Shay , shipped Nov 5th  and called  at 10:30 pm to let us know she arrived safely and that we would be receiving her BOX in about a week and then her Form letter a week or so after that. We were able to watch her swearing in at 9 am the same day and then follow her to the MIA Airport and sit for lunch  and conversation for a few more hours before her departure. It was a bit tough for all of us .  She was able to call us from Houston on her layover and then a quick call from O'Hare before she arrived at USO. We received her Clothing and Cell and Running Shoes exactly 5 days later on the 10th . The Form letter arrived with her address and PIR date  via USPS Nov 15th , exactly 10 days . She is on Ship 02 ,Div 907 and will have her PIR on Dec 31st. We would love to hear from  anyone else with an SR graduating Dec 31st. We'll be there for the M & G , Assuming there is one scheduled for Tuesday evening 12/30

Views: 359

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Gary,  My daughter Anna is in the same ship and division, and grad date.  I assume the M & G, is meet and greet, we had no idea there was a M & G.  We are staying at the Navy Lodge.  Where is the meet and greet?

Each evening before PIR, Sarge sponsors the Meet and Greet for Navy Moms and Navy Dads. Sarge has arranged to have the Sundance Saloon for just the meet and greet starting at 5:00 PM AND ENDING AT 10:00 PM.  FREE FOOD is served at 6:30 PM.  Now, we say FREE, but we all know that food does not come free. Sarge does ask for donations to defray the cost of the food. It’s an excellent spread of Italian food and fried chicken.

I also want to add here that Sarge does not make a dime on the meet and greet. If anything, he looses money. Please understand he is not in it for the money. He does it because he loves our sailors, their moms and dads and thinks that what he does is important to our Navy family. So please if you attend have a few bucks to toss into the kitty.

He is also very good at taking care of our sailors that are at Great Lakes for “A” school. Many times a sailor needs a ride to or from and is caught without any cash. Sarge doesn’t care because the sailors always make sure they pay him back.

ALSO FREE is transportation to and from the Meet and Greet from local area hotels. Transportation from areas other than the free ones is offered at significantly reduced rates.

If you take METRA into Chicago and decide to purchase the weekend pass for your sailor, more than likely you will not use it on Sunday. Give it to Sarge and he will pass them over to any sailor/s going to Chicago on Sunday. He literally stands at the gate and passes them out.

You can call Sarge ANYTIME at 847-212-0246 with any questions.

There is much more additional information that Sarge will give you so we highly recommend that you attend his Meet and Greet at the Sundance Saloon.  Children are welcome since this is a private event.

Please remember that you can call Sarge ANYTIME for any information you may need – including info on how you can save money on airfare and other goodies. Again, he can be reached anytime at (847) 212-0246. His email address is johnspadaro@att.net

LET’S NEVER FORGET THAT HE HAS SERVED OUR COUNTRY. It’s nice to help those who have helped us. …and he’s STILL helping us!  Almost forgot – his name is John Spadaro and hails from Brooklyn, NY.

Sundance Saloon 300-Lakehurst Road, Waukegan, IL (847) 887-0858

Than you Gary, we appreciate the info very much,  look forward to meeting at M & G and graduation.

I am going to email Sarge,  he sounds like an outstanding individual.  Thanks again!!!!!  

My daughter just mentioned in her letter today that she could not wait for my wife and I to meet her new 

good friend Venero at PIR. She says they are getting along great. Look forward to meeting you at the M & G on 12/30. We are flying in on Monday morning

My son Chris is in DIV 907.  We will be coming in on the 30th.  We are going to try and make the meet and greet. 

hi jay, my son also is in a 900 div and was wondering what you could tell me about the significance to the 900 divisions... thanks!

Jay R. Memmelaar Jr. said:

My son Chris is in DIV 907.  We will be coming in on the 30th.  We are going to try and make the meet and greet. 

900-series divisions are the performance divisions, and includes three types: the Band/Bluejacket Choir/Drill team, otherwise known as "Triple Threat" (the musicians, singers, and drill team), the "Sticks" (those who carry the state flags), and the Ship Staff/Honor Guard.  All other divisions numerically start at 001 at the beginning of the fiscal year and are numerically consecutive until the next fiscal year starts. Thus division 001 is placed in TG 01. Division 801 is the first 800 Division and Division 901 is the first 900 division and they continue with consecutive numbers as well until the next fiscal year as do the lower number divisions.

Paul is right on and you'll see this "Triple Threat" DIV 900-series in action during PIR/Graduation Day!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments