Navy Dads

Which should of been a very good and exciting day, besides the fact that I was at the Gym when he called his Momma and she was suppose to facebook message me because I have WiFi at the Gym but no cell service and she forgot. So I didn't get to talk to my son and was very bummed out all day. But on the other hand I found out he is on light duty because he got an infection from a dirty needle that he was given a shot from that gave him cellulitis (or how ever you spell it). He is missing out of the swimming part and will go back to the Doctor Monday. He said boot camp isn't that bad, he is a little sore but not bad. The worst part is that he is really bad home sick and cries him self to sleep most nights, but says most the recruits do. He says his RDC is really cool and isnt real strict on them. For the most part he is really enjoying himself besides being home sick. I guess I am kinds Son sick, LOL.

Views: 280

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats on the phone call, and I'm sorry you missed talking with him. My son is there as well, Ship 04 Div 821, and we are still hoping for a a call from him. The letters from my son share a similar experience, as he is extremely home sick, and and sounds like some tears have been shared. Which of course tears out even a dad's heart. Hang in there, and best of luck to you. But believe me, I feel your pain.

Yeah we got our first call today and my son got a little emotional when his mom answered. It took a little to get his composure back. I was at work so my wife had to add the call to get me on the line. Glad I answered. Lol

It's tough on them being isolated from everything normal but I'm glad your son is doing well. Sorry to hear about the infection. My son had light duty for a few days from an ear infection.

I empathize with being son-sick. I withdrawals almost immediately. Lol

My son left for great lakes last monday, I did get the one phone call that lasted less than 2 seconds LOL. I have an idea kinda of what to expect and what he is going through. I was in the Army for 16 years and a wartime veteran. I guess I shouldnt be surprised he went in the military considering he comes from a very long line of military. But I dont like the not knowing what going on and whats next, It is very different from when I went to basic training back in 93, so im still kinda new to this and clueless as to this process now.

It's a great call to get, feels good to hear their voice. Now I know how my mom was feeling when I went off to basic training.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments