Navy Dads

My son's division took longer than normal to process and is considered a "Push" division. Is that so that they can or will graduate on time? Just want to be sure we have reservations for the correct weekend. Long drive from South Carolina.

Bill

Views: 1275

Replies to This Discussion

should work out on time....you'll have projected PIR date when you get the form letter in a few days

My son is in that division as well.  We are booked for that weekend to fly out from CA.  

Mike.

I just heard from my son.  He says that the PIR date is still the same 9/19.  I asked him if he was in a push division and he said "no".  He also said that they had two weeks of "PDays".  He sounded great.  A little homesick but doing well.  He said the guys in the division are really great and the food was excellent!

Hey Michael, I think our wives have connected through NavyforMoms. Hope yours is doing well. My wife was ecstatic when she heard from our son this afternoon. I missed it, working on HIS car. Matt was sick when he got there, had 2 rounds of meds. Doing better now, fortunately.

Hi Bill,

Yes the wives are connected!  It's pretty funny.  Adrien (wife) was also ecstatic today to talk to our boy Carson.  She was so looking forward to the call, as was I, I am not sure how she would have taken it if Carson had not called.  From what Carson said, they are all sick.  He was coughing on the phone and said he also had a cold.  If I remember correctly, when I was in Basic Training (Army) there was a lot of URI (upper respiratory infection) going around.  It must be a common thing to happen.  Matt and Carson should be calling home next Sunday so you should be able to talk to him then.

Carson is going into the Nuclear program, what is Matt going to do?  Also, will you be at the graduation?  We are going, all booked, we are in California.

Thanks for the email.  Keep in touch.  I saw your picture of Matt here's a picture of Carson.

Mike.

Good to hear Ken!  My wife had a list of questions prepared -- I would have never thought of that!

Got our first "Real" letter yesterday. I wasn't sure that "my" son had written it! He sounded so different, mature, than when he left 3 weeks ago. Matt wrote entries to each of his brothers, too. I didn't think he could grow up so fast. told one brother to get off of the XBox and read a book. Wow! Matt said that he will have company in P-Cola with some of his shipmates form his division.

Best wishes to all families,

Fair Winds and Following Seas...

Bill

I missed Matt's phone call as I was at his grandmother's house working on His car. Got a letter(more like an epic). Wow, has he matured in 3 weeks!

We got a letter and Carson called again last night.  He sounded better than the first time.  He's doing well.  At least ten of the guys in the division have come up to him to tell him: "Hey, are mom's are friends now!".  I think that's pretty funny.  My wife is constantly on Facebook now -- there a whole cult over that with the Navy Moms on FB.  Her phone is constantly beeping when new messages come in.  

My son graduates on that same date, but is in Ship 11 Division 297. We are traveling from California. 

I got "MY" first call from Matt Friday while I was doing a safety walk-around before the start of football season here in Columbia. Matt called me while I was at the top of our stadium. My head was spinning from the view and the call. I was in Gamecock heaven talking to my son while watching practice. His letters, 4 in 1 envelope, were great to read. Can't wait to hear from him again. He did call his mom after he talked to me. I guess between now and Sept 18, I'll just have to be a bit patient with the inbound comms from GL.

Have a great day, Dads!

Bill

Awesome news Bill.  We received another letter yesterday.  It seems Carson has matured in four weeks!  From the Navy Moms, I hear that we won't get another call until after BattleStations.

Mike.

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments