Navy Dads

Hi:

New Dad....I may have posted this at the incorrect location a few moments ago.....Received our son's address late this afternoon...Box has arrived home; letter with PIR is in transit.....  Writing to see if anyone from this Division is on, yet.  ~ Pat

31Jul2014 - Form Letter arrived today. Good to see his handwriting even if it is only official information.  Three days to arrive in NH from IL.  

Views: 160

Replies to This Discussion

When did he get there?

July 22/23, 2014.  I received his arrival phone call at 0107 on the 23rd.

Oh ok, so he's a week earlier than my son. I'm just looking to see if someone on this site will be starting a group for those that started this week. Thanks and good luck to your son!

Thank you.  Good Luck to you and your son, as well.

I see our sons are on the same ship but different divisions. So it looks like they have the same graduation date. I'm not sure how the divisions work but doubt that they will interact. It's good to know there is someone else with the same graduation date and the letters are arriving.

My son arrived on July 17th and is SHIP 14 DIV 291.  He arrived almost a week before and has the same PiR.  It  must take an entire week to fill up a graduating class.  Looks like he was at the beginning, so he must have had a few days of just sitting around doing busy work waiting for the training group to fill.  He hates the hurry up and wait part of the military.  50 days and counting!  We are ready!

I re-read his form letter to make sure that I have not messed up.  Yup, 19 Sep 2014, Ship 3 Div 294.  My son was ready to get going, as well.

His trip from New England to IL was eventful -  delayed departure of first plane and missed connecting flight.  He was his Group's Leader requiring him to telephone GL twice to advise personnel of what was going on.  The small group of Navy recruits were more than one hour late for Basic Training!!  I received his phone call at 0107 hours on the 23rd.  I wonder if they did an extra pushup or two?!?!?  This is all very new to me; I haven't a clue how they fill ships and divisions and put that together to form a Training Group!!  Thankful for this website......

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments