Navy Dads

If any other 292 dad is out there I'd enjoy hearing from you.  Monday starts Phase one.  Good luck to everyone and...All ahead full!!

Views: 5789

Replies to This Discussion

RyeJim, glad you started a discussion on 292. There are not many active members on the Navy SEAL Dads since we loss so many along the way. Please keep us updated on your sons progress.

Will do grandpa.  Thanks for checking in.  As of now, all systems are go.

That is my guy too.  Hooyah to Phase one!!  I am thinking about taking a trip after HW. Any economical hotels close the the guys you could recommend?

montanadad, not sure what hotels are around and their price. We stayed at the Gateway Inn when we went, it is on Base and across the street from Special Ops Training. The only problem is your son will have to be there to check you in. Also entry to base is not 24/7 unless he takes you up to North Island and gets a pass for you car. The Gateway Pass is only for certain hours. I will see if anyone I know has a suggestion.

Hey Montanadad --Good to hear from you!  We're going out there from the east coast Thanksgiving Day and staying at the Homewood Suites at Liberty station.  It was recommended on "Navy for Moms" and offers two bedroom units.  My guess is that many of the guys will be looking for an opportunity to get off base.  The price is reasonable --other than that I'm in as much in the dark as you are.

It has been a couple of years since my GS graduated so I know some things have changed. I have friends that are Officers and some Retired plus some local people I Know so I will try to find info for you if they will talk. My wife and I love the area and still go there to visit friends since GS is on a East Coast Team.

HooYah and Good Luck to all of BUDS Class 292.

Just notice my GS was 273, almost 20 Classes ago.

So my son found out he will not move on to Phase I tomorrow but need to go in front of the board for review?  Any idea what this all entails or is it formality to being dropped.  Some of his two9two DOR'd some made it through and he needs to meet tomorrow.  All I honestly know is that he succeded in all but the SS run.  He made the time but not the best time required in phase I.  The thing is we are headed out to visit and go to the Packer~Charger game starting next Wed.  What if he isn't there!!??  Thanks

My guess is, and this is only a guess, Monday the review board will decide whether to roll back your son to another class or to reassign him to the fleet.  If he's rolled back he'll probably stay in Coronado to wait for 293.  In any event, this is a difficult time for any of us, as families, to make plans based on the success of our sons in First Phase.  The odds are not good that they will still be there for any length of time.  Remember that they are enduring the most rigorous military training in the world.  To make concrete plans based on their success is extremely risky.  I hope things work out for you.

Lori, my best guess is it may be about performance according to the sentence regarding run times. If he does not meet the required time then one of two things will have. First he could be dropped and second he could be rolled to the next Class. The have records and notes from every instructor that has been with him. They may review the comments and performance to decide if rolling him to the next Class will help him in the future. The rules have changes and now they only get one roll-back. If they feel he will be able to pass the classes required to finish BUDS by rolling him back this one time then they will. This is like a performance review at work. They really do not want to drop anyone but the standards are very high and that is the reason about 80% do not make it through BUDS. I have been keep track of the SQT Graduating Class and it is not unusual for only around 10 from the original Class to go all the way in the same Class to receive their Trident. Don't know the numbers if you include the rollbacks in the next Classes.
Please let me know what happens. If you want to PM or if you want I will send you my private email address.
HooYah and Good Luck to your son. Please stay in touch.

RyeJim, Phase II is not any better. I know several that would rather go through HW again that to do Pool Comp.

HooYah to all of Class 292!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, thank you gentlemen.  I appreciate the info and regardless of where or what my son is or isn't  doing...I am taking VACATION. 

As everything on Earth, women and in this case, Mom's, handle things differently.  I understand guys fairly well being the only girl in a family of brothers and not having daughters but this whole ordeal is a true up and down course.  Can't fix this one!  Either way all will be well. 

Besides, I have a Green Bay Packer game to attend!  I love my son and of course wish it were a better outcome but hey, this is it.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.  Thanks again.... and no doubt Hooyah Phase 1~ 2ninetwo!!  Best to your young men..

Thanks for the reality check Grandpa.  We know it's a long haul so we're taking each phase one at a time.  My advice to my guy has been to take each evolution one at a time and let the days and weeks take care of themselves.  Hope you agree that's good advice.

RSS

MISSION STATEMENT:

NavyDads mission is to Provide Support, Encouragement, and Knowledge to Sailors and their Families throughout their Journey together in the United States Navy.

NavyDads can only succeed with your help.  We receive no outside funding and every dollar you donate helps us cover operating costs and helps keep this site running. 

Google-Based NavyDads Search

only search NavyDads

Events

Blog Posts

Phishing for Info

Posted by Michael J Conway on April 18, 2023 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

USPS MILITARYKIT - **FREE**

Posted by Joseph Hernandez on January 28, 2023 at 11:54am 1 Comment

Before A School

Posted by Philip Steinert on January 2, 2023 at 2:10pm 2 Comments

My little sailor

Posted by william joseph wolfcale on December 3, 2022 at 4:08pm 2 Comments